Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy St. (almost) Patrick's Day

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. I have always loved celebrating different holidays but since being a Mom they are so much more fun for me. Not only do I get to start new family traditions in the house but I will get to teach Aven as he grows up what all these holidays really mean. I also get to dress him up in ridiculous outfits and take pictures of him :)


Aunt Brenda gave our dogs their own St. Patrick Day gear.


Growing up I never even knew what St. Patrick's day was. All I knew it was a holiday where we had to dress up in green to avoid getting pinched at school. Little did I know it's was something totally different. For anyone who doesn't know, here is a short version.
At age fourteen, Patrick, a Scot born sometime around 385, was captured by Irish raiders and forced into slavery. Patrick later escaped and was reunited with his family, but in a dream felt called by God back to Ireland. He preached the gospel and built churches throughout the country until his death on March 17, 461.
For the modern-day Irish, St. Patrick's Day is thought of as a time for spiritual renewal as they fondly remember the slave-turned-evangelist who spread Christianity to the Emerald Isle.

Hope everyone enjoys their St. Patrick's Day with their families.

2 comments:

Nicholle said...

So cute! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Bridget said...

What makes you think you would know that you didn't even know your middle name. HA! Aven looks SO cute!!!! I guess the dogs do too:)