Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The end is near

Well the last few days have been alot of fun to say the least.

We had my parents and sister and her husband over to watch the Super Bowl game on Sunday and although I was excited to get to hang out I couldn't get over the fact that I was still pregnant and miserable.

I decided that I would do my own super bowl half time show and drink a special drink with a little Castor oil in hopes of getting something going.
*I am not a doctor, I am a desperate pregnant woman who has no medical back round. If you are pregnant and chose to do the same thing you are on your own. If you are not a pregnant woman or have never been pregnant please don't judge me. You will never know what you might be capable of when your desperate*

Down the hatch it went.....

If you've never tried drinking this stuff I don't recommend it. Only thing I can compare it to would be drinking a glass full of melted lipsticks.

After about 3 hours of trying not to puke it all back up and nothing happening. I figured that once again my many attempts at inducing my own labor have failed and I would just have to finally come to the conclusion that I am not in control of what happens. I decided to get ready for bed.

1:30 in the morning rolls around and I get woke up by some really strong contractions. I started timing them and they were about 10 min apart. I didn't think anything of it and tried to sleep in between them. Finally I got so annoyed I got up around 6:00 and they were about 6-7 min apart. They remained that way pretty much the rest of the morning with a few breaks in between. Finally my sister and one of my friends told me I should probably go in. I really didn't want to go because I know my body and knew when I got there I would be told to go back home. I knew if I was told to do that I would be even more devastated and miserable.

My sister and I got to the hospital around 3:00 PM and they monitored me for about 3 hours and told me that my contractions were in fact about 6-7 min apart but that I was only dilated to 1cm..... WHAT A SURPRISE!! So, they said in a nice way that I could either stay there and chose to labor for the next 3 months or I could go to dinner and stay close to the hospital and see if they got stronger and more frequent. If they did they told me I should probably come back again.

Well after dinner we figured we might as well go home cause everything pretty much stayed the same at dinner. Once I got in the car they got super painful. My sister knew that it was bad cause she said once I stop cracking jokes she knows it's bad. Brenda and Johnny said I should probably go back in and have them check me just in case. I was in tears and really didn't want to go back in cause I pretty much knew what they were gonna tell me.

We had to go through the whole registration process again and they hooked me back up and I was still contracting but they checked me again and once again I was still not dilating. I was in alot of pain but the nurse told me that they were going to have to send me home once again. She then asked me (as I was trying to put on my shoes and feeling like I was being stabbed in the gut with a knife) "What's wrong, are you frustrated?" FRUSTRATED?!?!?! I think that might have been slight understatement. Not only am I in horrible pain but I've had to spend my night down at the hospital away from my son and be told that the last 20 hours of pain have only dilated me to 1cm!!!!! Yeah I think I'm frustrated!

We headed back home and I was crying in and out of contractions the whole way home. I took a Tylenol PM which knocked me out for a few hours but I still was in and out of pain all night.

I did see my doctor today and he told me that I am about 2 cm now and if nothing happens before Thursday morning he will be inducing me then.

Hopefully sometime by Thursday or Friday our baby will be here!

As much as I don't want to get the same nurse that I had, I would love to see how frustrated she'd be if I decided to drink that Castor oil again before I go in Thursday morning :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Brianna....you poor thing! At least you know she will be here soon no matter what happens!! I pray that you have a quick delivery and that you and Berlyn are healthy! I can't wait to see her, and I know you are SO ready! Good Luck =) I'll be waiting for my text message!

Shannon Hartz said...

Oh I'm so sorry, I was hoping to hear she was here

Fairyluver said...

You ROCK I'm really not sure if I could drink that stuff... although I did come close to trying my "pump... if you know what I mean;-)" out when I was overdue...I heard it stimulates contractions...just throwing that out there for you... I'm so done with my pregnancy too but I still have another month to go...
Can't wait to see your new addition!!
Good Luck!!

Megs said...

Oh Brianna! You poor thing! I will be praying for you and the baby and that it will be sooner than Thursday for you:)

Susannah said...

Oh you poor thing! I had lots of friends do the castor oil too, I almost tried it but was super scared of pooping everywhere! :D She will be here soon, and I can't wait to see pictures of her!
Good Luck!!
xoxo

Loni's World said...

Good luck! I will keep you in my thoughts :)

Aimie said...

Hey, your beautiful baby is here! She is adorable. Please post some great stories about the sweet things that little cutie has done lately! Please!!!!!
Oh and lots and lots and lots of pictures!!!! :)
Congrats!Huggs to all of you!!