Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Dr. Visit

Well my doctors visit went pretty well. When I first got there I was nervous because I hate getting a physical. I thought it was going to just be the normal one, then my mom proceeded to tell me otherwise. I got changed into my little gown that doesn't cover much. She decides to tell me that the doctor is going to feel way in there and it is gonna hurt probably pretty bad cause it hurt her more when she was pregnant. I said, "What, wait a minute I better go pee then!" So I tried to sneak outside to the bathroom and had her walk beside me so not everyone in the office had to see my muffin top hanging out the sides. haha I finally got through everything and it wasn't bad at all. Apparently the 22 years have faded her memory :) I made her take a picture of this special moment....

I was bummed that they didn't do an ultrasound but I did get to hear the heartbeat. It was so crazy because this whole time I knew I was pregnant but I've not really had any signs of it...(Well, besides the over eating, unwillingness to do anything with myself all day, and that my pants almost need to be put on with butter. I've mentally prepared myself in knowing I'm going to become a Mother but I had no idea that I would be so emotional. As soon as I heard the heartbeat it hit me like a ton of bricks that Wow, this is real! My eyes filled with tears. It was so amazing. I always got emotional at my sisters appointments seeing my neices and nephews but it was such a different feeling knowing that it's happening to me and that there is a little gummy bear looking kid growing inside of me. :) Today is a day I will not soon forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you call that ready! jk.lol i remember my first visit when i was preg with austin (and i was a virgin!) had never been to the gyno. scary! at least you have a women doc with no acrylic nails;) oh and didn't you pee in a cup first anyways. yeah! im so excited!