Wednesday, November 5, 2008

4 month check up

So lets say that my son is going to be big boned like his mommy. (at least that's what I'm calling it these days) Aven now weighs 16 lbs. That's two bags of 8lb. potatoes!!! He is doing great and growing like a weed. It makes me sad when I think back to when he was born and it seems like it was only a few weeks ago.

My sister Brenda came with me to the appointment yesterday which is always nice to have someone along to make things a little easier. It's also nice to have someone there to cry with you when you see your baby get their shots :(

Brenda always comments to me that people probably think we are a couple when we go places together because she's usually just getting off work and she's dressed in shabby clothes since she grooms dogs for a living. I always reassure her that she looks cute and to shut up. Well yesterday while in the office the doctor came in and starting asking "us" questions. She asked us, "what time do you guys put him to bed?" I responded, "Well "I" usually put him down around 8:30 or 9:00." I asked her about his gas problem and she said, "Well what are you "guys" feeding him?" I glanced over at Brenda and she's giving me the look of death like YOU BETTER SAY SOMETHING!! So I started to tell her how much my husband helps me out with the baby and how everything is going great. So the doctor left the room and we just started laughing. Brenda said, "I knew I should have worn my Yes on 8 shirt today then she would have known we weren't lovers"

I hope this doesn't mean my sister wont come with me anymore I really need her help even if we are lovers.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

If Brenda cant make it ever I'd be more than happy to be your "lover" hahahaha