Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Almost...Easter.

Of course another holiday and another chance for me to dress my kid up in outfits he will hate me for later :)

I love Easter and can't wait till Aven is old enough to love it too. I love the warm weather and all the flowers in bloom.

The whole Easter season is a time of real celebration. From lessons about the Passover to Good Friday and Easter morning, bringing out the true meaning of Easter is so important in a world that is crying out for hope, grace and redemption.

My sister told me about this book which I really love. It has over 200 ideas and examples to help you make unforgettable moments for almost all holidays, rainy days, road trips and even "just because" events. Aven is still to young to know anything I'm doing but some of you that have older kids out there might enjoy it.

Do you and your family have any special traditions or fun things you like to do for Easter?

15 comments:

Nicholle said...

He is the cutest little bunny! I just want to squeeze him! Oh and P.S. you suck! lol

Shannon Hartz said...

Thank you so much for the link for that book... it look awesome, I just ordered it:)

Bridget said...

that picture wins for the cutest picture yet! I hope your making that into a card. Don't you just love that book!

Bridget said...

p.s. can't be worse than the wings,diaper and arrow I made Austin wear for Valentines Day LOL

shalay said...

That might be the cutest thing I've ever seen. EVER. This is totally something you have to show to his future girlfriend.

When I was a kid we used to get together at my great grandparents house and have a huge Easter egg hunt. There aren't really any kids in my family now, so we just all get together at my mom's house to eat. I'm sure your egg hunt will be great, there are so many kids in your family!

Margaux Achee said...

Hi Brianna, just checking out your blog. I found it through my Sister Nicholle's blog. I just wanted to say your little boy is adorable. My mom bought me that book a few years ago and it is brilliant. So many fun ideas!

Jen said...

Thanks for your comment. :)

This picture has to be the CUTEST thing I have ever seen! You should get this printed on canvas and bring it out every Easter. Adorable!

Simply Blessed said...

He is sooo cute. And he is going to KILL you someday. I love it :)

Bridget said...

Another book I have that I bring out for all the holidays is called:
Celebrations that touch the heart
by Brenda Poinsett LOVE IT!
check amazon

Anonymous said...

That poor child.

Brianna said...

Anonymous: That poor child? If you don't like what I post, how about you stop reading my blog and move along. :)

Kristen Beqari said...

What a cute little bunny! I love it!

Loni's World said...

Love the bunny! :)

Woo Hoo, Brianna!
Ohhhh that poor reader. Anonymous has no life but loves to live off yours. (and complains about it? wow they should be lucky) I can say anything too with a mask over my head, but I'd rather not. I'm not ashamed of myself. Thats why you see my name.

Jen said...

I think he looks adorable!! Cute idea for Easter cards:)

Anonymous said...

Your son is SOOOO beautiful! He might not like that picture in 15 years, but it's so cute! =)