Monday, April 6, 2009

Praying for Stellan

If you haven't had the chance to notice the link to the right of my blog that says "praying for Stellan" or if you haven't noticed it on anyone else's blog you can notice it now. Thousands of people around the world have been saying prayers for this 5 month old infant fighting a potentially deadly heart condition. His following is truly extraordinary and began online. Each day the site gets around 200,000 hits!

His name has been written in the sands of the west African desert, on cardboard next to the Eiffel Tower, and surrounded by hearts in front of an Argentinean sunset and many, many places around the world.

His Mother's desire was that a few people would know him before he died. She started blogging years before he was even born and is so surprised at how the story has spread.

How awesome to know that so many people around the world know your son and are praying for his little heart. I think about this so often when I am tucking my son to bed at night, I am reminded how lucky I am to have a healthy child.

I decided to join in the name gallery she has started for her son. My husband is probably going to kill me when he sees that I cut down a bunch of the roses in our front yard for this. (Honey, you can't even tell. I promise.) If you haven't had the chance to check out the name gallery, I recommend doing so.


If you would like to read more here is the link to her site.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

you should of just stood with the cows!

Loni's World said...

Awesome. :)
I have been trying to think of something myself.

shalay said...

That is so awesome. I'm happy you're representing all of us praying for him here in Chino!

debbie said...

great job Brianna !