Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

I finally got a chance to update on this weekend. I think I might get just as tired trying to replay it all then I did actually reliving it.

As some of you may have noticed by the blog header I had a slight change of hair do. I once again was talked into a hair cut by my lovely sister and friend Courtney. This time I do actually like it. I just think I need to get used to it. I came home from my sisters and walked in the door and my husband told me that I look like Lady Gaga. I don't know if that was intended to be a compliment or a bash....

I personally think it makes me look like I did when I was 7. haha (What is with that outfit? I'm pretty sure that dress did not come with that lace collar.)

Anyway on to the good stuff. Friday night I went over to help my sister set up for Farrah's 2nd Birthday Easter Party Extravaganza. I baked 4 batches of rice crispy treats, 45 cupcakes, 1 bunny cake. We hid 260 something eggs for 42 kids. I'm pretty sure my sister and I are the only ones crazy enough to actually do all this for a 2 year old party. :)


Aven and all his bunny cousins. Do you know how hard it is to take a picture like this with crying babies who don't want to wear those dumb ears??? We managed to get a decent shot though.



Aven' and Dad

Farrah and her cool new glasses :)

Me, Aven & my brother the easter bunny


We had a really good time. I even got to see some of my blog friends and actually meet one finally. So good to finally meet the Achee family :)
On to Easter sunday. We woke up and Aven got to see his first Easter basket :)


Then we were off to Ron & Charice's house (Johnny's boss). Every year he has a huge Easter egg hunt in their backyard that is like a park. He puts money and lottery tickets in all the eggs. He even blocks off sections for the babies, toddlers and older kids. Aven walked away with $34.50!
Here I am with Aven trying to help him collect money for his piggy bank.
Dad was even excited to find an egg.


Aven with Ryan. Ryan is 7 months older than Aven and they are about the same size. I'm not sure if they are eating grass or their treats.

After Ron's we headed back to my sisters house for more food and Easter fun. I was so worn out by this time that I didn't even bring my camera in the house.
I hope everyone had a great Easter. I know we did!

9 comments:

Courtney said...

You are def one HOT mom with those HOT bangs!!! Brad makes an awesome bunny too wish I could have seen that I would have been cracking up hahaha

ktarbell43 said...

Where did you get Aven's Easter outfit. He looks adorable. Oh by the way I'm a fan of the new hair!

Brianna said...

Karissa: I got it at Sears of all places :) I went in cause he pooped all over himself and I ran across it and had to get it. Well thank you for being my hair fan haha

shalay said...

Um, how do I score an invite to your husband's boss's egg hunt next year? That's awesome.

Bridget said...

Are you sure Aven "walked" away with the $$ I'd like to see a picture of that...haha!

Bridget said...

p.s. I think grandma made you that dress lace collar and all. It was our Easter dress one year. (I think)I had the same one it went great with my mullet.

debbie said...

Yes, the dress came with the collar. Grandma did not make that one,I believe I got matching ones at Sears, same place you got Aven's Easter outfit. One day your kids will not like the otfits they wore either. Oh well, great pictures as usual. I love all of them. You girls did a great job with the party. Love, Mom

Simply Blessed said...

I love your hair! Hot Mama!! Aven looks like a stud just like his Daddy. Get pregnant already!!! You make way too gorgeous of babies!!

Loni's World said...

All the pics are super cute!
I love that little boy with Aven what a cutie they look so handsom in their outfits.

It looks like it was a nice weekend.