Friday, December 5, 2008

He survived

Aven survived the night ALONE with my Dad last night. I know you might be thinking well he had four kids himself, what could be the problem? My Dad can sometimes be a little impatient when it comes to my crying kid. He always reminds me of how much I used to cry when I was little and how he would always have to take me outside when they went out anywhere, or how I would just sit in my crib and cry. (I wont go into detail about how he used to tell me all the time that I was switched at birth and my "real" parents were super rich and drove off in a Corvette from the hospital..haha) I would always remind him that I only cried cause I knew that they were my parents. I think that my son has been given this gift from me to pay me back for the way I was.

So, when I found out that Johnny wasn't going to be home to watch him for the girls night last night. My Dad was the next one in line to watch. To be honest, I was a bit nervous that Aven would be in a crabby mood. I made sure he was fed, diaper changed, gave him his teething tablets, brought over his toys and movie. Once we got there, all the girls made a bet to see what time my Dad would be texting me to come home. I was shocked! He didn't call or text me the whole time.

He walked him to Home Depot and around the block about 46 times to finally get him to fall asleep but he didn't call the whole time! I was very proud of my Dad :)

Here is a picture from our night last night. I apologize for the quality of the photo. Bridget decided to set the camera on the hood of my mom's car instead of asking someone to take it for us. ha

No comments: