Saturday, December 20, 2008

It paid off!

I knew taking foods 1-4 in high school would eventually pay off one day. I only took the class so I could get free food at school. Well my friends, yesterday I finally got something out of it. We all know I'm not a great housewife. My friend had her cookie party yesterday and everyone had to bring their favorite recipe. If you know my family, you know we just weren't born to be cooks. So the fact that I won the best tasting cookie was a huge honor. I know it's doesn't seem like much but when you've grown up not knowing how to cook this is exciting stuff. A few years back when Bridget was celebrating her first Easter as a wife she called me cause she didn't know how to hard boil eggs....So you get the idea. :)

So if any of you need a really good cookie recipe here it is.....

1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the cake mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey." Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

lol whoo hoo! we are moving up in the world I say We because I can now boil eggs and make cereal:) Guess I should of taken foods rather than woodshop.