Friday, January 30, 2009

Avacado/Corn Dip

A few people have asked for this recipe so I figured I would post it on here so if anyone else wants it. Since super bowl is this weekend I figured it would be perfect timing. My Mom got this recipe from one of her best friends from high school. I make it all the time and take full credit for the recipe. JK

* 1 pkg. white frozen corn kern (defrosted)
*1 med red bell pepper (chopped)
*1 sm. onion (chopped)
*2 cans sliced black olives (8oz each)
*5 garlic cloves (minced)
*1/3 cup olive oil
*1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
*2-3 tablespoon cider vinegar
*1 tsp dried oregano
*1/2 tsp salt
*1/2 tsp pepper
*4 med ripe avacados

Mix together all ingredients in a big bowl ** Add Avacados just before serving** This is best served with corn chips my favorite is fritos. :)

4 comments:

Megs said...

This is one of my favorites too...very flavorful and yummy!

Bridget said...

does this mean superbowl at your house?

Loni's World said...

Thanks sounds yummy! I will take this with me to a party tomorrow.
I love to try new recipes.

Marie Lanathoua said...

Thanks! it was delicious