Saturday, January 31, 2009

Memories

Before our photo shoot from below we drove down to the beach this morning to pick up Johnny's race package for his marathon tomorrow morning. On the way back I thought it would be a good idea to stop by my great Grandma and Grandpa's grave site. I haven't been there in close to 5 years and wanted to go. It took us over 30 min to finally find it.

It brought back alot of memories from when my Grandma passed away. It was such a hard thing for me to deal with being only 11 years old. I remember going in my Grandma's room when she was in a coma and rubbing her forehead with a wet towel and talking to her in her ear and telling her how much I loved her and how much Jesus loved her. I was so scared to ever leave because I was afraid if I did it would be the last time I saw her. Death at any age is super hard but that was the first real experience I had with it. Even after 16 years I can still remember the sound of her breathing machine that was in her room, and the call I got from my mom telling me that she had passed away and just hanging up and crying.

I was happy to be able to take Aven and Johnny there. Even though I know they aren't there it was nice to go and remember them. Aven was even in a good mood which doesn't happen to often.


Johnny trying to help me find it...I guess my memory wasn't that great.




2 comments:

Bridget said...

ahhh! grandma would be so proud of her little fireball! I'm sure she would have the same nickname for Aven:)

Loni's World said...

How precious. Awesome photos! great things to keep.